Crisis Support Chat
- Step 1: click the 'Online' chat icon at right (during chat hours)
- Step 2: complete the pre-survey questions. You can choose to remain anonymous or provide us with your name and email address.
- Step 3: read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Short-term support for people who are overwhelmed and having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Real time using ‘chat’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one with a Lifeline Online Crisis Supporter
- All internet connections, particularly those from mobile devices, can suffer from dropouts and interruptions.
- If you lose contact with our service, please reconnect.
- Give advice
- Solve your problems
- Tell you what to do
- Judge or criticise
- Ongoing counselling
7:00pm - 4.00am (Syd time)
If the service appears 'offline' or 'busy', please call Lifeline on 13 11 14. If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000. These services are available 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view commonly asked questions about the Online Crisis Support Chat.