Volunteer for Lifeline Ballarat
We need you. Together we can make a difference.
More than 3027 Australians took their own lives in 2015. That's almost 8 per day and 1 every 3 hours. There are 7 suicide attempts every hour.
Lifeline Ballarat supports the national Lifeline network. Our volunteers provide confidential telephone crisis support and referral services to people in crisis.
Last year Lifeline Ballarat volunteers answered over 9,000 calls across Australia, To continue answering calls we need the support of caring and committed volunteer telephone crisis supporters.
Could you be a Volunteer Telephone Crisis Supporter for Lifeline?
- A journey of self discovery and development
- A nationally accredited training course
- The opportunity to participate in a unique form of community service
- Ongoing support, mentoring and supervision wiithin a community of friendly, committed people.
Here are the top four responses:
- Making a difference and helping people
- Contributing to the wider community
- Relaxed, safe, caring environment
- Improving skills and continual self development
More information about applying to be a Crisis Supporter is here.
T: 5322 4996
E: [email protected]