Suicide Prevention Workshops
Preventing suicide – you can make a difference.
Our trainers use internationally standardised learning materials developed by LivingWorks Education. We tailor examples and applications to local needs as appropriate. Our safeTALK presenters have completed an orientation in program facilitation and are LivingWorks accredited safeTALK & suicideTALK trainers.
Lifeline Country to Coast SA delivers the following LivingWorks presentations:
(1.5 hour session)
SuicideTALK participants will be better prepared to:
- embrace life-protection, preservation and promotion activities;
- contribute to growing community awareness of suicide as a serious community health problem;
- begin breaking free from the stigma and taboo which inhibits open and honest talk about suicide and how to prevent it;
- increase personal commitment to and action in suicide prevention;
- support the growth of training opportunities and networking activities.
(1/2 day session)
SafeTALK participants will be better prepared to:
- recognise that invitations to help are often overlooked;
- move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss and avoid suicide;
- notice and respond to situations in which thoughts of suicide may be present;
- apply basic TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe);
- connect the person with thoughts of suicide to suicide first aid help and further community resources.
Suicide alert community members are better prepared to become a vital link in connecting persons at risk with further help.