Crisis Support Workplace Training (CSWT)
Lifeline South West Vic on behalf of Lifeline Australia RTO 88036, complies with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO) 2015.
The CSWT course comprises nationally recognised Units of Competency, which is designed to train Lifeline Telephone Crisis Supporters.
To be a Lifeline Accredited Crisis Supporter the minimum requirement is a Statement of Attainment in the three CSWT Units of Competency as follows:
CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
CHCCCS028 Provide client-centred support to people in crisis
- Want to give back to the community?
- Develop your own skills and knowledge?
- Enhance self-awareness?
- Improve your communication skills?
- Enhance personal growth and development?
Our 12 month Crisis Supporter Workplace training offers;
- Blended face to face and e-learning
- Practical skills based on the job training
- Supervised practice with Lifeline South West Vic
Crisis Support Workplace Training (CSWT) is a workplace training program that builds the skills of members of the general public in becoming Lifeline Crisis Supporters. Lifeline's Crisis Supporters provide support to people in Australia who are having difficulty coping and may be at risk of suicide. This support is provided by phone.
Opportunities are provided for learners seeking leadership roles to refine team work and problem solving skills and develop innovative ideas and business outcomes. Self awareness and self refection provide the confidence to perform higher level communication and negotiation skills.
The course is ideally suited to those wishing to pursue a career in the community services sector.
Course duration - Most students complete the course in 14 months.
Course fees - $850.00 (This is a subsidised fee which does not cover the full cost of training.).
The fee covers:
- Access to e learning modules
- Training materials
- Two days Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training course and learning materials
- Two days Mental Health First Aid training and learning materials
- Professional supervision and support - over 170 hours of varied shifts during evenings, nights and weekends.
Upon completion of this qualification you may:
- Be offered a position as a Telephone Crisis Supporter with Lifeline South West Vic.
Training commences August 2017 and is based from Lifeline South West Vic's Warrnambool Office 719 Raglan Parade, Warrnambool.
For more information or to register your interest please contact:
Lifeline South West Vic
5559 0518 or 0407 550 658