By volunteering your time and skills to Lifeline you can help people in crisis.
Everyday all around Australia, Lifeline is seeking to recruit volunteers. Lifeline is looking for people from all walks of life who would like to make a commitment to regular volunteer work and who are willing to learn new skills, support others and work within the vision and values of Lifeline.
Lifeline SWV is seeking motivated, enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to work long term in a busy professional retail environment with a passionate and exciting team. Through sales and great customer service retail assistant volunteers report to and work with the Retail Coordinator to achieve a positive shopping experience for all Lifeline shop customers. Volunteers are also responsible for day to day tasks of the store including but not limited to:
• Provide excellent customer service and meet daily sales budgets
• Record daily sales, balance data sheets and operate cash register/eftpos sales
• Stock rotation and stock replacement
• Pricing and visual merchandising
• Participate in daily cleaning tasks of stock plus shop area
• Participate in team meetings, volunteer training and special events
No specific qualifications are required for this role however an interest or past work history in retail, customer service or the fashion industry would be advantageous. Previous experience with cash handling and EFTPOS systems is also desirable. Moderate level of agility and fitness also an ability to communicate effectively is required.
For more information or to become a volunteer, please contact Jacinta Roache - Coordinator Volunteers on (03) 5559 0505.