Quick Facts about Lifeline Northern Rivers
- Lifeline Northern Rivers’ volunteer crisis supporters answered almost 21000 calls in 2018.
- About 1000 of those calls were from people at high risk of suicide.
- Many of these calls are literally life-saving.
- Each year Lifeline training equips local community members with the skills to recognise somebody at risk of suicide and to work with them to increase their immediate safety and get further help.
- Lifeline Direct - Lismore is responsible for generating over 60% of its own operational costs through its retail stores and community fundraising.
- Every call we answer costs us about $20.00 in operational expenses related to recruiting, training, mentoring and supporting our volunteers.