Quick Facts about Lifeline Northern Rivers
- Lifeline Northern Rivers’ volunteer crisis supporters answered more than 15000 calls in 2014.
- About 800 of those calls were from people at high risk of suicide.
- Many of these calls are literally life-saving.
- Each year Lifeline Northern Rivers’ training equips over 100 local community members with the skills to recognise somebody at risk of suicide and to work with them to increase their immediate safety and get further help.
- Lifeline Northern Rivers is responsible for generating over 60% of its own operational costs through its retail stores and community fundraising.
- Every call we answer costs us about $20.00 in operational expenses related to recruiting, training, mentoring and supporting our volunteers.