Corporate volunteering and fundraising
- Volunteering Australia Inc 2009.
Australian companies are encouraging employees to volunteer and support a cause to help the wider community. Some companies even offer their employees paid leave to undertake community-based work.
Corporate volunteering and fundraising can have a very positive impact on your workplace including:
- Fostering good staff morale
- Promoting a sense of community within your organisation
- Providing a cost-effective strategy to reduce employee absenteeism
- Engaging your clients and suppliers
- Helping to build individuals’ confidence and self-esteem by giving them an opportunity to put something back into the community.
Volunteering with Lifeline assists and supports us in continuing to answer our 24 hour crisis support service - 13 11 14. Staff may choose to volunteer regularly (e.g. telephone counselling or working in a retail outlet) or on a needs-basis, assisting Lifeline with specific campaigns and fundraising events such as:
- Participating in Stress Down Day (new updates coming soon - watch this space!)
- Assisting at book fairs and local Lifeline events
Our team will work with you to develop a tailored volunteering program for your staff. Your employees can choose to volunteer as a team or as an individual, locally or nationally.
More information about volunteering can be found by visiting the Volunteering Australia website.
Workplaces can choose to raise funds for Lifeline by organising specific events within their workplace. Lifeline’s national fundraising event Stress Down Day is the perfect opportunity to raise funds and help support Lifeline services, while at the same time raising awareness of stress management, health and wellbeing in your workplace. Stress Down Day is held annually in July.
Your workplace might decide to hold a special event for Lifeline. We can assist with your event by providing ideas, promotional material and supplying you with the necessary information. For example, you might choose to host a charity ball in Lifeline's honour, or facilitate a networking function with your stakeholders with funds directed to Lifeline.
For further information about fundraising for Lifeline please view Lifeline’s fundraising guidelines.
To discuss your corporate volunteering and fundraising options, please contact Lifeline’s Fundraising team:
Phone: (02) 6215 9410
Email: [email protected]