12pm to 2am AEST
When the service is available a connect with Lifeline button will appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Click this button to commence a live chat.
Accessing the service
- Step 2: Click the 'Connect with Lifeline' button (note: only shown during operating hours)
- Step 3: You'll be asked for some personal details, these are optional and you can choose to remain anonymous.
- Step 4: You'll be connected to the next available Crisis Supporter
About the service
- Short-term support for people who are feeling overwhelmed and having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Real-time using ‘chat’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one support with a trained Lifeline Online Crisis Supporter
What we do
- Listen without judgment
- Provide a safe space to discuss your needs, worries or concerns
- Work with you to explore options for support
If the service appears 'offline' or 'busy', please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000.
13 11 14 and 000 are available 24/7.