The Lifeline Chat is available from
7pm to midnight AEST
A button to launch chat will show below if the service is online.
Accessing the service
- Step 1: Click the 'Online' chat icon at right (during chat hours)
- Step 2: Complete the pre-survey questions. You can choose to remain anonymous or provide us with your name and email address
About the service
- Short-term support for people who are feeling overwhelmed and having difficulty coping or staying safe
- Real-time using ‘chat’ technology
- Confidential one-to-one support with a trained Lifeline Online Crisis Supporter
What we do
- Listen without judgment
- Provide a safe space to discuss your needs, worries or concerns
- Work with you to explore options for support
If the service appears 'offline' or 'busy', please call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate medical attention, please call 000.
These services are available 24/7.
Having problems connecting? Try our FAQ's
For translation service information follow this link