Available 5.00pm - 9.00pm (Adelaide time), 7 days a week. More information available here.
If you are thinking about suicide or experiencing a personal crisis help is available.
No one needs to face their problems alone.
Online peer support forums hosted by sane
This is a safe, anonymous online community for people living with mental illness and their families, friends and carers.
Thousands of Australians use these Forums to support each other and share their experiences.
The Forums are hosted by SANE Australia and partner organisations across the country and are moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.
Free Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS)
A free interpreting service for people who do not speak English is available for 13 11 14.
To access this service please:
1) Call TIS on 131 450 and ask to talk to Lifeline on 13 11 14 in the language required.
2) TIS will call 13 11 14 on behalf of the caller.
A call to TIS is the cost of a local call from landlines (additional charges apply for mobiles).
Find out more at: www.tisnational.gov.au
National relay service (NRS)
If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service:
- TTY (teletypewriter) users phone 133 677 then ask for 13 11 14
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 13 11 14
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 13 11 14