Volunteer for Lifeline
Everyday all around Australia, Lifeline is seeking to recruit volunteers. Lifeline is looking for people from all walks of life who would like to make a commitment to regular volunteer work and who are willing to learn new skills, support others and work within the vision and values of lifeline.
To find out more contact your local Lifeline Centre
Volunteering for a difference
By volunteering for Lifeline not only will you be making a difference to the lives of other Australia who use Lifeline services, but you’ll also be enriching your own life.
It takes a lot of dedicated people to provide Lifeline's telephone crisis support services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, across Australia. Lifeline relies on over 11,000 Volunteers nation wide to support Lifeline's crisis support line, help raise funds, work in retail outlets, or conduct administrative duties.
Volunteers have enabled Lifeline to provide essential crisis support services to the Australian community for over 47 years. Will you help us to continue this commitment to the community?
What's in it for you?
- Personal and professional growth
- Potential career opportunities
- Giving back to your community - the sense of achievement and pride that comes with that
- Ongoing support in your work with Lifeline
- Learning new skills and experiencing new things
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Belonging to the Lifeline community
- Training and development opportunities
- Volunteering locally in your community, but have an impact both locally and nationally
- Knowing that by volunteering you really are making a difference!
- Lifeline Telephone Crisis Supporters – Provide emotional support to those in crisis
- Lifeline Retail Volunteers – Work in a Lifeline shop or warehouse as a shop assistant, cashier, driver or stock sorter
- Book Fair Volunteers – Help out at a local book fair
- Fundraisers – Assist in fundraising activities and donation collection
- Administration Assistant – Provide assistance with office activities within a local Lifeline Centre
- Professional Volunteering – Provide your expertise or unique skills in a pro-bono capacity to Lifeline
- Corporate Volunteering – Volunteer for Lifeline through an organised workplace volunteering program
- Please note that not all locations provide the same volunteering opportunities. Lifeline Centres around the country have different volunteer intakes throughout the year. Contact your local Lifeline Centre about volunteering opportunities.
Lifeline Telephone Crisis Supporter Training
To become a volunteer Telephone Crisis Supporter for Lifeline’s 24 Hour Crisis Support Service – 13 11 14 – you’ll need to undertake extensive training, make a commitment to shifts and meet further selection criteria. This is to ensure you’ll be confident, skilled and able to provide support to Lifeline’s Callers in their time of emotional distress and crisis. If you’re interested, this type of volunteering will be very rewarding. Please contact your local Lifeline Centre to find out more about becoming a telephone volunteer.
Lifeline values the support of our Corporate Supporters and Corporate Volunteers. Socially responsible organisations can provide formal Lifeline volunteering opportunities for their staff that may improve staff morale and provide personal and corporate development opportunities. To find out more view our Corporate volunteering information.
Want to volunteer?
Contact your local Lifeline Centre.